NFS & ZFS: how to export whole FS hierarhy to mount it with one command on client?

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Mon Aug 3 03:56:34 UTC 2015

On 8/1/15 7:30 PM, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello Rick,
>
> Saturday, August 1, 2015, 2:21:10 PM, you wrote:
>
>> To mount multiple file systems as one mount, you'll need to use NFSv4. I believe
>> you will have to have a separate export entry in the server for each of the file
>> systems.
>   So, /etc/exports needs to have BOTH v3-style exports & V4: root of tree line?

OR you can have a non-standard patch that pjd wrote to do recursive
mounts of sub-filesystems.
it is not supposed to happen according to the standard but we have
found it useful.
Unfortnately it is written agains the old NFS Server.

Rick, if I gave you the original pjd patch for the old server, could
you integrate it into the new server as an option?