FreeBSD 10.1 can't "make -j5 buildworld" over NFS?

J David j.david.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 18:06:43 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 5:47 PM, Rick Macklem <rmacklem at uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> First, I will point out that the NFS protocol is not POSIX compliant and,
> as such, there will be always cases where apps. that work on POSIX compliant
> file systems don't work on NFS.

Aha.  It seems I was misled by this working correctly for years
(decades?) and by it being documented in the handbook as the right way
to do things.

But as building the OS from source is simply too bizarre of an edge
case to expect it to work reliably over NFS, I will not pursue this
issue any further.

Thanks!