zfs-send/receive between FreeBSD10 and SmartOS (Illumos) fails.

John Terrell john.terrell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 05:13:37 UTC 2014

Ok, I’ve confirmed this isn’t a true ZFS send/receive issue - it is, in fact, an environment issue here.   There’s a switch in my environment that a few times a day goes put to lunch (disconnects) for 5-10 seconds.   This disconnection was enough to trip up the send/receive process but not enough to disrupt the SSH session that initiated the transfer.

Thanks for all of the help and sorry to randomize the discussion.