No more free space after upgrading to 10.1 and zpool upgrade

Olivier Cochard-Labbé olivier at cochard.me
Sun Nov 16 15:10:50 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Dylan Leigh <fbsd at dylanleigh.net> wrote:

> Could you provide some other details about the pool structure/config,
> including the output of "zpool status"?

It's a raidz1 pool build with 5 SATA 2TB drives, and there are 5 zvolumes
without advanced features (no compression, no snapshot, no de-dup, etc...).
Because it's a raidz1 pool, I know that FREE space reported by a "zpool
list" include redundancy overhead and is bigger than AVAIL space reported
by a "zfs list".

I've moved about 100GB (on hundred GigaByte) of files and after this step
there were only 2GB (two GigaByte) of Free space only: How is it possible ?

About the zpool status:

  pool: storage
 state: ONLINE
  scan: scrub in progress since Sun Nov 16 07:58:54 2014
        4,28T scanned out of 8,78T at 1/s, (scan is slow, no estimated time)
        0 repaired, 48,80% done
config:

        NAME                                            STATE     READ
WRITE CKSUM
        storage                                         ONLINE       0
0     0
          raidz1-0                                      ONLINE       0
0     0
            ada0p1                                      ONLINE       0
0     0
            ada1p1                                      ONLINE       0
0     0
            ada2p1                                      ONLINE       0
0     0
            ada3p1                                      ONLINE       0
0     0
            gptid/7ef9b7e4-fc4c-11e1-b75e-009c029758a0  ONLINE       0
0     0

errors: No known data errors