why no automount for one zfs?

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Tue Nov 4 07:01:41 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-11-04 at 08:51 +0200, Zeus Panchenko wrote:
> Karli Sjöberg <Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2014-11-04 at 07:29 +0200, Zeus Panchenko wrote:
> > To have ZFS filesystems mounted at boot, first of all, "canmount" must
> > be on (check) and then you have need to have:
>
> thanks, yes it is (and it is mentioned in `zfs get all' output in my
> initial post)

Indeed, hence they previous "check" comment on my part:)

> > zfs_enable="YES"
> > in "rc.conf". Then there´s also the question how the parent filesystems
> > "/home/zeus" and "/home" are mounted? Are they also ZFS?
>
> my case is root-on-zfs, one pool and no other fs except ZFS
>
> all other fs (ZFS) are mounted correctly

And, just to be sure, they are all mounted automatically the same way?
Like if you maybe have some filesystems mounted automatically and some
through fstab as "canmount=noauto", or stuff like that?

--

Med Vänliga Hälsningar

Karli Sjöberg
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences Box 7079 (Visiting Address
Kronåsvägen 8)
S-750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Phone:  +46-(0)18-67 15 66
karli.sjoberg at slu.se