kern/187594: [zfs] [patch] ZFS ARC behavior problem and fix

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Sat May 17 21:43:04 UTC 2014

On 05/17/2014 13:52, Matthias Gamsjager wrote:
>> Please try to upgrade to r265945 or later.
>
> So far so good. No swapping, good ARC size after 1 day of uptime.

Me too, I've been running it about 2 weeks on my home desktop with 4G
ram where in the past it would eventually start swapping a few hundred
megs with X, chromium, thunderbird, and a few terminals open.  I
previously tried just vm.lowmem_period=0 which helped but did not solve
the issue.  I intend to try a more recent -stable r265945 or later
without any patches but I haven't yet and it takes time after each
change to see what happens.