nfsd server cache flooded, try to increase nfsrc_floodlevel

Berend de Boer berend at pobox.com
Sat Mar 29 00:09:59 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I have a subversion repository on an ZFS file system exposed through
NFS on FreeBSD 10.0.

This is mounted by linux clients running Apache.

When people check out the repository, I get:

 nfsd server cache flooded, try to increase nfsrc_floodlevel

when this is mounted using nfs4, on the client you see then:

  E175002: REPORT of '/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read chunk size: connection was closed by server

If nfs3 mount is used, there is no such problem.

This is probably a bug report, but not sure filing this will help
anyone. So that's why I throw it out here.

--
All the best,

Berend de Boer