zfs l2arc warmup

Joar Jegleim joar.jegleim at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 10:10:49 UTC 2014

thnx, I found some similar post over at illumos related to persistent
l2arc yesterday. It's interesting :)

But it's really not a problem for me how long it takes to warm up the
l2arc, if it takes a week that's ok. After all I don't plan on
reboot'ing this setup very often + I have 2 servers so I have the
option to let the server warmup until i hook it into production again
after maintenance / patch upgrade and so on .

I'm just curious about wether or not the l2arc warmup itself, or if I
would have to do that manual rsync to force l2arc warmup.