Quickly emptying a ZFS

Jens Schweikhardt schweikh at schweikhardt.net
Fri Mar 21 21:10:39 UTC 2014

hello, world\n

If I need to quickly delete all files on a file system, with UFS I can
simply use newfs. Is there something equivalent for ZFS that is neither
of

  * cd mount-point; rm -rf * (not really quick, needs messing with chflags)
  * zfs destroy dataset; zfs create dataset (loses all properties set)

I.e. the task is to quickly nuke all files without losing the dataset
properties. Is there maybe a way to save and restore the properties?

Regards,

	Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt http://www.schweikhardt.net/