rsync w/ fake-super -> crashes zfs

javocado javocado at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 00:33:37 UTC 2014

Gathering more info here...

When re-running the rsync command, stripped down:
rsync -av --rsync-path="rsync --fake-super" /src /dst

we're not seeing any system crashes, yet, but rsync is choking/quitting
quite a bit saying a file here or there has a corrupt extattr. Does this
point to a problem with ZFS or more with rsync.

Any thoughts on the fake-super impact and how it leads to crashing?