kern/187594: [zfs] [patch] ZFS ARC behavior problem and fix

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Sun Mar 16 03:50:01 UTC 2014

The following reply was made to PR kern/187594; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Adam McDougall <mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, karl at fs.denninger.net
Subject: Re: kern/187594: [zfs] [patch] ZFS ARC behavior problem and fix
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 23:42:00 -0400

 This is generally working well for me so far, been running it over a day
 on my desktop at home with only 4G ram and I have not needlessly
 swapped.  Generally have 1GB or more free ram now although I also
 decreased vfs.zfs.arc_freepage_percent_target to 15 because my ARC total
 was pretty low.  At the moment I have 406M ARC and 1070M free while
 Thunderbird and over a dozen Chromium tabs open.  Thanks for working on
 a patch!