ZFS & Dedup & SSD.

krad kraduk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 14:36:42 UTC 2014

you dont use the ssd for dedup, more you use it as an l2arc device.
Hopefully the full dedup table is stored in the cache. Alternatively just
but LOTS of ram in you machine. In my experience dedup is very expensive,
and unless the ratio is very high its cheaper and simpler just to buy the
extra storage. Often you can get the benefits of dedup, without actually
using is though. eg clone a zfs fs rather than clone at the vm level for
instance. Thing will diverge over time of course, but it can give you a lot
of what u need.