FreeBSD support being added to GlusterFS

Harshavardhana harsha at harshavardhana.net
Sun Jun 29 19:12:41 UTC 2014

The patches are pending review and will be pushed hopefully this week!
- can i get these installed on a Virtualbox instance and test the
failures?

Do not understand what is "poudriere" build? - is it like building
inside a chrooted environment?

The changes regarding "/var/lib" to "/var/db" are not complete with
the diff, in-fact inside the code - "DEFAULT_WORKDIR
/var/lib/glusterd" is hard-coded - and its only complete until all the
references point to "/var/db/glusterd"

I will be making these changes this week. Is "/var/db" the directory
we all agree upon for "glusterd" configuration files?

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Jordan Hubbard <jkh at mail.turbofuzz.com> wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2014, at 12:04 AM, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>

>> For you information here is my version:
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/glusterfs.diff
>>
>> It is just missing the license bits
>>
>> if everyone here agrees I'll commit :)
>
> Unfortunately, I can’t get this to build under poudriere.  It builds fine outside of the build jail, but inside, it seems to get tripped up on the patches.  The previous version we also only got to build under poudriere by committing all sorts of terrible hacks against autogen.sh.   FreeNAS 9.3, of course, also uses poudriere to build all its ports. :)
>
> Is there any chance of possibly just getting the FreeBSD-specific changes folded into the git repo (e.g. upstreamed) with suitable #ifdefs so that the port can be simplified a bit and hopefully made more poudriere friendly?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Jordan

Religious confuse piety with mere ritual, the virtuous confuse
regulation with outcomes