kern/187594: [zfs] [patch] ZFS ARC behavior problem and fix

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Mon Jun 23 14:14:01 UTC 2014

Am Thu, 15 May 2014 15:30:00 GMT
schrieb Karl Denninger <karl at denninger.net>:

> The following reply was made to PR kern/187594; it has been noted by
> GNATS.
>
> From: Karl Denninger <karl at denninger.net>
> To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: kern/187594: [zfs] [patch] ZFS ARC behavior problem and
> fix Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 10:05:34 -0500
>
>  This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.
>
>  --------------ms050404000608010301080104
>
>  I have now been running the latest delta as posted 26 March -- it
> is=20 coming up on two months now, has been stable here and I've seen
> several=20 positive reports and no negative ones on impact for
> others. Performance=20 continues to be "as expected."
>
>  Is there an expectation on this being merged forward and/or MFC'd?

Hi,

I'm looking into applying your patch to one of my servers.

However, I've got a question: can I apply it to stock 10.0?
If I need to go 10-stable, which revision do you recommend?

The server in question only has 32GB of RAM and I fear that once it
does NFS in addition to MySQL, it will be bogged down.

Best Regards,
Rainer