zfs set on a faulty volume

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Fri Jun 6 15:54:53 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues,

reviving home file server with two consecutively faulting disks (one starts ATA
detaches-attaches, changing cables does not help; the second just has
100+remaps and some smart pending sectors) I've found that usual

zfs send | zfs receive

sequence does not work: despite there are very few file that could not
be recovered fully, the whole process stops with

cannot receive: invalid stream (checksum mismatch)

I gradually zfs send&received all "clean enough" FSes, and then use rsync on
the largest file storage, and in my case it was not a problem, but:

is there a way to instruct zfs send to skip (and log, of course) unrecoverable
parts of data?  Quick googling does not help much.

Thanks!

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]