Backup in iSCSI - FS corruption

"Fábio R. Medeiros" fabior at unicamp.br
Fri Jul 25 15:57:23 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm creating a backup solution with Bacula running on FreeBSD10. The
storage device is an iSCSI NAS (it's one made by Enhance Inc.) running
RAID-5.

The array of disks are using UFS2+J. Now I know this was a bad choice...
I've got issues with FS corruption probably due concurrency and
different OS managing the iSCSI target.

I've searched about clustered file systems but I haven't any experience
on them. I don't know if these FS could solve the issues addressed above.

And a concern is that FreeBSD ported just some of these clustered FS
(probably I'll use MooseFS). Well, are they stable? Work fine with iSCSI
devices?

Best regards!!

Fábio