Using 2 SSD's to create a SLOG

javocado javocado at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 01:06:46 UTC 2014

I am interested in adding an SSD "SLOG" to my ZFS system so as to
(dramatically) speed up writes on this system.

My question is if ZFS will, itself, internally, mirror two SSDs that are
used as a SLOG ?

What I mean is, if ZFS is already smart enough to create a zpool mirror
(or, on my case, a zpool raidz3) then perhaps ZFS is also smart enough to
mirror the SLOG to two individual SSDs ?

I am hoping to dumbly plug two SSDs onto motherboard SATA ports and just
hand them over, raw, to ZFS.

Can someone shed some light on how this might, could or should work?