zpool import taking weeks ...

Gomes do Vale Victor ulysse31 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 19:19:23 UTC 2014

Le 16 janv. 2014 à 19:14, Stefan Esser <se at freebsd.org> a écrit :

> Am 16.01.2014 08:00, schrieb Gomes do Vale Victor:
>>> Thanks a lot for this info ! I have read about the "-T" option
>>> on import with tgx but it was with ZFS on Linux ... Don't knew it
>>> is available on newer implementation under FreeBSD. Will so wait
>>> that it ends correctly and will think on upgrading on the system
>>> (the rootfs is ZFS also ...)
>
> Just for the record, since your reply seems to imply that the -T
> option is only available on Linux:
>
> The -T option of zpool import has been present in FreeBSD for years,
> but is undocumented (same as in Solaris/OpenIndiana). It has been
> mentioned in some ZFS recovery guides (most written for Solaris) and
> it actually works quite well (I used it to recover an inconsistent pool
> and helped somebody else who has lost access to his ZFS file-systems).
>
> Regards, STefan

Sorry if you understood that. It was not what I meant. I wanted to say that I only found one thread talking about that option (the import with the -T option) and that thread was about ZFS on Linux, and since I ain't found no mention of it on the actual man of my FreeBSD version I have here, I tough it was only available on newer ZFS versions (like v5000) under FreeBSD.
Thanks for the info, so do you think I could use this method to recover my pool that is on ZFS v28 ?
Also, the import is now running without crash for 8 days now, and still does not have finished, and I do not see any revelant activity on disks, nor any load under CTRL+T on the zpool process (sometimes goes to 0.16/0.08 but quickly returns to 0.00 and stays there a while) do you think I should interrupt it, reboot and restart again ? Or directly test with the -T option ?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Regard,

--
Ulysse31