practical maximum number of drives

Graham Allan allan at physics.umn.edu
Fri Feb 7 15:21:18 UTC 2014

Was that question for me? Yes it is less redundant, but having a single
HBA isn't so much worse than having the single server. I think we're
after (1) massive space, (2) speed, (3) low cost, ahead of redundancy.
True redundancy would need something much more elaborate - maybe using
SAS drives instead of SATA to permit multiple paths, for one thing.