UFS(2) portable driver for other OS

Pedro Giffuni pfg at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 1 02:36:30 UTC 2014

Hi Tomek;

FWIW, we fixed yet more bugs in ext2fs lately but I think this time we
finally got it right. Recent -stable (9 and 10) already has the fixes.

Tricks: we support dirindex now so you can set it in e2tunefs. If you
are not satisfied with performance, you can also try running it async as
linux does.

JIC you feel adventurous and want to give a try rebuilding your own
kernel for fun. :). This said, I don't recommend ext2fs for anything
serious.

I have some interest in resurrecting the MacOS X UFS1 support and
perhaps get it to a point where it supports softupdates, but I don't
know yet sufficient about kexts.

Pedro.