Process enters unkillable state and somewhat wedges zfs

Daniel Andersen dea at caida.org
Wed Dec 17 20:31:11 UTC 2014

I'm certainly not an expert on this, but from my understanding, I think Andriy Gapon had some thoughts on this
particular problem and potential solutions:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2014-November/020482.html

At least, I think these problems are related.

>From my end, my 'solution' was to stop using nullfs mounts in conjunction with zfs.  :(  Fortunately, our jail servers
don't use zfs, yet.  Since I reorganized our data NFS server to stop using nullfs, it's been very stable.  ( aside from
one crash when it's raid 1 boot drive somehow went offline.. but I'm fairly sure that had nothing whatsoever to do with
the ZFS problems. )

Dan