FreeBSD support being added to GlusterFS

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at freebsd.org
Mon Aug 25 21:15:06 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 07:57:02PM -0700, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> Thanks!  Just to make sure I understand for our own ports repo in FreeNAS-land:
>
> 1. You have updated the tarball but Baptiste is still maintaining the port, correct?
>
> If Baptiste would like someone else to take it over, I can probably coax one of our resident committers to do it as well.  We frankly have not been able to do any testing of glusterfs in FreeNAS yet since glusterd just catches a signal 10 whenever any glusterfs operation is performed.  Since this is also really early BETA software, I figured the FreeBSD port was still a bit green and I'd simply wait for it to get a bit more mature.  Now that you say you’ve gotten a regression suite up and running, I’m guessing the time to really push on it in FreeNAS 9.3-ALPHA is probably soon?

I do not plan to maintain the port I'm just trying to help :) I would prefer one
of your resident committer you has FreeNAS vendor will probably have more
feedbacks from glusterfs user and probably have more opportunities to test it.
I have no usage for glusterfs but deeply support having glusterfs is FreeBSD :)