ZFS unable to import pool

Johan Hendriks joh.hendriks at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 12:30:59 UTC 2014

op 23-04-14 14:19, Hugo Lombard schreef:
> Thanks, that seems like ample reason to reinforce my dislike of invoking
> the '-f' option on tools.

If you start forcing things, you know that you are doing something that
can break things.
In my opinion it is nice to have the -f. There are many cases you need
to force things.

> [1] There's no evidence at this point to my knowledge that the reporter
> used '-f'.  I'm making a general statement.
Like Tom Evans said, in the beginning it was possible to add whatever
you liked to a pool. Later after many mistakes by a lot of people the
vdev check  has been added.