ZFS unable to import pool

Linda Kateley lkateley at kateley.com
Tue Apr 22 17:45:28 UTC 2014

also although it is not the preferred method, i have deleted the
zpool.cache file in the past, rebooted and then retried the import(but
on solaris). That should rebuild the information the system knows about
the pool.

I think it is saying it is the top level vdev is missing, not the disk
itself according to the message id.