What happened with the GlusterFS port?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Sat Apr 19 09:11:45 UTC 2014

Am 19.04.2014 um 10:59 schrieb Berend de Boer <berend at pobox.com>:

>    Rainer> GlusterFS would eliminate this (in situations where the
>    Rainer> customer needs a number of servers anyway).
>
> If it works. People who try gluster, usually are pretty disappointed.
>
> It's not a swap for your traditional nfs server.

Well, I was suspecting something like this.
We’ve yet to make it production with the first GlusterFS customer - and then the ramp-up until it’s running their whole stuff will be very long.
But I think their dataset is pretty small anyway.
We don’t deal with a lot of data, usually.

From what I have read, GlusterFS does not work very well with lots of small files (as they would occur in a website-hosting environment, where GlusterFS would look like a logical choice).
Is that still the case?