Differences in reporting by du df and usedbydataset

Jason Breitman jbreitman at zxcvm.com
Tue Apr 15 13:23:54 UTC 2014

There are many open files as the server is a file server and I can see 60 files open that have been deleted.
9 of those files belong to the user that I detailed below.

Weekly zpool scrubs are run.

I appreciate your response, but am not convinced that those 9 files add up to the 18 GB difference for the user below.
I can see the size of the files from lsof which adds up to just over 1 MB.

Jason Breitman
jbreitman at zxcvm.com

On Apr 15, 2014, at 9:09 AM, Gary Palmer <gpalmer at freebsd.org> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 08:25:51AM -0400, Jason Breitman wrote:
> I have not received a reply to my question and wanted to post again so that the group could see the question again.

Are there any open files on the filesystem?  fstat or lsof should tell you,
I think.

Files thare are open but that have been deleted show up in df but not du.
That is not unique to zfs.

If there are no open files I'm not sure what else to suggest.  Does a scrub
pass OK?

Regards,

Gary