NFSv4: prob err=10036

Marcelo Araujo araujobsdport at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 02:21:25 UTC 2014

Hello Rick,

Thanks by the prompt reply, and I'm sorry my late reply, unfortunately I'm
located in Taiwan, so, timezone is an issue.

So here attached is my pcap.

Server IP: 172.17.32.42
Client IP: 172.17.32.54

Something related with RELEASE_LOCKOWNER, I'm still investigating, maybe I
can find a solution before you reply, if yes, I will post here.

Thanks again.

> Marcelo Araujo wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Anyone have saw this prob err before when try to mount a NFSv4?
> >
> > machine_a# mount -t nfs -o nfsv4 192.168.2.100:/a /mnt/
> > machine_a# mount_nfs: /mnt, : Input/output error
> > machine_a# tail /var/log/messages |grep nfsv4
> > Apr 13 17:03:33 ESSD46B6E kernel: nfsv4 client/server protocol prob
> > err=10036
> >
> Well, 10036 is NFSERR_BADXDR (they are all in sys/fs/nfs/nfsproto.h).
> This means that the server didn't like the RPC message presented to it.
> (I have no idea why that would be the case for machine_a?)
>
> If you capture packets while attempting the mount, you can look at
> them in wireshark and maybe see how they are trashed? (I just got home,
> so I can take a look at a packet capture, if you email it to me as an
> attachment.)
> # tcpdump -s 0 -w mnt.pcap host 192.168.1.100
> - run on machine_a during the mount attempt, should do it (in mnt.pcap).
>
> rick
>
> > I have another machine with the same settings that can mount
> > successfully
> > the same NFSv4 share.
> >
> > machine_c# mount -t nfs -o nfsv4 192.168.2.100:/a /mnt/
> > machine_c#
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > --
> > Marcelo Araujo