One process which would not die force me to power-cycle server and ALL UFS SUJ FSes are completely broken after that AGAIN!

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 12 13:39:45 UTC 2014

Hello, Erich.
You wrote 12 апреля 2014 г., 17:28:13:

>> (1) Does UFS2 SUJ works at all on STABLE system? Should it?!
ED> it should.
 It doesn't according to my experience. Every "non-clean" reboot gives me a
 hour of dances around server with running fsck by hands multiple times.

>> (2) How could I avoid such situation, how could I reboot system
>> WITHOUT such disaster when one process refuse to die?
ED> Do you know the name of the program which refuses to stop?
 Yep. "transmission-daemon" from "net-p2p/transmission-daemon" port.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>