Poudriere: rm -rf: Directory not empty

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 12 01:30:54 UTC 2014

On 4/3/2014 12:30 PM, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 09:35:27AM -0500, Bryan Drewery wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> While using Poudriere to build packages on segregated tmpfs jails
>> we sometimes get the following errors:
>>[snip]
>> In the other cases it's not clear if looping on rm -rf would work or
>> if it would spin forever. We have not tried it since it's so difficult
>> to reproduce.
>>

> When the situation occured and you notes it, do you still have an access
> to the tmpfs directory which failed rm -rf ? If yes, try to do ls -la
> there, and ktrace the "rm -rf".

No. Once it realizes it can't do any work it cleans up and umounts the
tmpfs. What I will do is add some debugging into poudriere so if it hits
the issue it will try to analyze it a bit and gather some more data.
Hopefully the user running it will report it back to us.

> Another approach is to patch tmpfs_rmdir() in tmpfs_vnops.c and dump some
> information when ENOTEMPTY error is returned; e.g. you could print the
> directory content and tn_size.

If I can find a way to reliably reproduce the issue I will do that.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery