ZFS Permanent errors on fresh installation on VMware ESX

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Mon Sep 30 21:16:50 UTC 2013

Whats the backing disk? I'm wondering if its LSI Megraid? If so ensure you're running
the latest FW as older FW have known issue with TRIM requests, as in they delete the
wrong data from the disk.

This will only be relavent if the disk is reporting TRIM support through VMware.

One thing you might want to try is setting the following in /boot/loader.conf:
vfs.zfs.trim.enabled="0"

    Regards
    Steve