NFS on ZFS pure SSD pool

Eric Browning ericbrowning at skaggscatholiccenter.org
Mon Sep 2 15:54:31 UTC 2013

Rick,

Thanks for the suggestions.  mapping of names/uid is working correctly, on
my own files I can see my uid on my files.  Because of my mix of clients
10.6/7/8 I'm using just nfs v3 until those 10.6 clients die out.  I'd like
to eventually switch to nfsv4.  I can't jail off the nfsv3 10.6 clients via
MAC address since many of them overlap with the 10.7 clients which are just
one model newer.

nfs.client.access_cache_timeout is now set to 600 seconds instead of 60
nfs.client.access_for_getattr by default is off and of the three versions
of OSX (10.6/7/8)

Sam and I can experiment with sys/fs/nfs/nfs_commonsubs.c after we see if
the mac client tweaks work this week.  It's currently labor day and the
school is closed.

--
Eric Browning
Systems Administrator