fixing "umount -f" for the NFS client

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Sun Sep 1 14:42:05 UTC 2013

Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Aug 2013, Rick Macklem wrote:
>
> > Kostik wrote:

> >> I do not see much sense in bumping either of them.
> >> You might want to bump __FreeBSD_version when merging to stable.
>
> Please do bump __FreeBSD_version when merging to stable.  I will not
> make
> much noise about -current at the moment, as I'm behind on tracking
> it.

Actually, I'm "on the fence" as to whether or not this one should be
MFC'd, due to the VFS ABI breakage.

Since you (well, actually OpenAFS;-) are the main guy affected by VFS
ABI breakage these days, maybe you'd like to comment on this?

Also, if anyone else has an opinion w.r.t. MFC'ng a patch that adds
a VFS op and, therefore, breaks the VFS ABI, please feel free to comment.

Thanks, rick
ps: And, yes, I will bump __FreeBSD_version of I end up doing the MFC.