very slow zfs scrub

Piotr Kucharski piotr.kucharski at 42.pl
Wed Oct 9 14:40:49 UTC 2013

I was checking on it infrequently and now, almost 3 years later, it seems
to have been fixed. :)

Scrub in progress for 50h, 6.86T scanned out of 11.6T at 40M/s, 34h43m to
go, 0 repaired, 59.18% done.

Each 0.01T varies in speed, from 5M/s (fortunately, very rare) to 85M/s,
but average of 40M/s is good enough to let it finish (for the first time in
this filesystem history! :>)

I did not change hardware nor ggate setup, "only" FreeBSD got upgraded, now
it is FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE #75 r251912 with no patches.

Just informing so it does not scare people if they stumble upon this
thread. :)