Call fo comments - raising vfs.ufs.dirhash_reclaimage?

Davide Italiano davide at freebsd.org
Tue Oct 8 11:33:00 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Adrian,

> Please try it out on a -10 VM with something RAM limited - say, 128mb w/
> GENERIC. See how it behaves.
>
> I've successfully done buildworlds on 10-i386 with 128mb RAM. Let's try not
> to break that before releng/10 is cut.
>
> thanks,

This is not supposed to hit 10-STABLE, at least not before proper
review. This is the reason why it was proposed on mailing lists. Also,
if you read the patch you'll end up with realizing this should behave
better on low memory environment because it unconditionally cleans 10%
of the cache every time. Previous changes in this area just did the
opposite keeping a lot more of memory around. I hope this makes sense
to you.

Thanks,

--
Davide

"There are no solved problems; there are only problems that are more
or less solved" -- Henri Poincare