Questions re swap-on-zfs

Hugo Lombard hal at elizium.za.net
Sun Oct 6 12:39:00 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 05:00:30AM -0700, Beeblebrox wrote:

> For #2, I have seen "pri=<some number> for fstab settings in linux how-to's.
> Does pri= not work in FreeBSD, or does it not work for ZFS? I mean, why
> "nope"?

swapon(8), first paragraph:

  The swapon, swapoff and swapctl utilities are used to control swap
  devices in the system.  At boot time all swap entries in /etc/fstab are
  added automatically when the system goes multi-user.  Swap devices use a
  fixed interleave; the maximum number of devices is specified by the ker-
  nel configuration option NSWAPDEV, which is typically set to 4.  There is
  no priority mechanism.                                           ^^^^^^^^

--
Hugo Lombard
   .___.