ZFS TRIM support MFC

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Thu May 23 14:26:36 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Evans"
> Hi Steven
>
> Just wondering if an MFC of these TRIM features to 9 is any closer.

Yes, I've created the MFC patches for stable 8 & 9 but we're just looking
to close out an issue reported by Ajit Jain thread "seeing data corruption
with zfs trim functionality" on freebsd-fs@

My current thinking is this is due to either a LSI FW issue, related to a
know WS16 bug or potentially a merge problem, as Ajit wasn't using
our code base directly.

I posted the two main patch sets I'm looking to commit to that thread
this morning, your welcome to test and let us know how you get on.

If you are using LSI mps controllers, either ensure your using P16 FW
or don't manually select Write Same delete methods for your disks
to avoid the know FW bug which will cause corruption.

    Regards
    Steve