Corrupted zpool import -f FAILS state FAULTED

Outback Dingo outbackdingo at gmail.com
Fri May 10 14:07:37 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr at gmail.com>wrote:

> 09.05.2013 15:31, Outback Dingo:
>
>  ok zfsgurus, FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE box zpool import -f reports pool status
>> Faulted, one of more devices contains corrupted data, however its showing
>> the guid as faulted in the poll, and not the actual disk device /dev/daX,
>> the pool is a single vdev 24 disk raidz3. Essentially the hardward
>> platform
>> is a dual node system, with 8 enclosures connected to 24 SAS drives via 4
>> LSI cards. I am not currently using geom_multipath, but the box is zoned
>> so
>> that each node can see 50% of the drives,
>> in case of Failure, carp kicks in and migrates "zpool import -af" the
>> pools
>> onto the other node. it seems as though somehow the pool is now seeing
>> guid
>> and not devices, not sure if they have switched devices ids due to a
>> reboot.
>>

> Am not a zfs guru, but I'll try to help.
>
> Any console log snippets are welcome. What does "showing the guid as
> faulted in the pool" looks like.
>
> What are the guids for all partitions? Do they interlap for different
> nodes?
>
> ZFS recognizes devices by tasting they vdev labels and not by their
> logical location and naming. It can safely report any vdev location - but
> it requires the same set vdevs to bring pool online.

zdb shows valid data on the drives, no drives have been removed from the box
whats confusing is why its using guids and not devices daX is what puzzles
me
 camcontrol devlist and dmesg clearly show the devices are there. The SAS
bus is shared
so both nodes with 2 LSI controllers each see all drives. We were utilizing
a failover script
if nodeA dies, carp would kick the script to import the pool to nodeB, both
nodes are in the
same chassis and see all the enclosures and all the drives