ZFS: Failed pool causes system to hang

Quartz quartz at sneakertech.com
Sun Mar 24 19:58:21 UTC 2013

> Sure, there are bugs that inhibit the ability to reboot from
> command-line.  We shouldn't shrug them off, but we should also
> acknowledge that the software is very complicated, and rooting out
> such bugs takes time.  Plus, this is a volunteer project.

No, I'm not trying to say that I expect something as complicated as a
whole OS to be bug free, and I do well recognize that it's no one's
obligation to fix anything anyway.... I'm just saying that starting an
argument about the remote-ness of the reboot is missing the point.

> Worst case, you have IP-addressable PDUs

That's what we usually go with- guaranteed to work with any hardware.
That plus a vnc capable kvm.