ZFS: Failed pool causes system to hang

Jeremy Chadwick jdc at koitsu.org
Sun Mar 24 15:37:21 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 01:40:39AM -0400, Quartz wrote:
> http://sneakertech.com/-/dmesg.txt
>
> Honestly I have my doubts that anything in there will shed
> particular light on my zfs issue. From what I can tell this appears
> to be common to zfs cross platform (at least, solaris people have
> complained about this, and it looks like openindiana might be
> affected too).

In this case/at this point I wanted dmesg output so I could provide you
working /boot/loader.conf lines for your configuration, with regards to
"wiring down" device names.  If you mess with controllers (e.g. disable
one in the BIOS), this may break.  Here you go:

# "Wire down" device names (ada[0-5]) to each individual port
# on the SATA/AHCI controller.  This ensures that if we reboot
# with a disk missing, the device names stay the same, and stay
# attached to the same SATA/AHCI controller.
# http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2011-March/011036.html
#
# ada[01]     = JMicron JMB363
# ada[234567] = Intel ICH10
#
hint.scbus.0.at="ahcich0"
hint.scbus.1.at="ahcich1"
hint.scbus.2.at="ahcich2"
hint.scbus.3.at="ahcich3"
hint.scbus.4.at="ahcich4"
hint.scbus.5.at="ahcich5"
hint.scbus.6.at="ahcich6"
hint.scbus.7.at="ahcich7"
hint.ada.0.at="scbus0"
hint.ada.1.at="scbus1"
hint.ada.2.at="scbus2"
hint.ada.3.at="scbus3"
hint.ada.4.at="scbus4"
hint.ada.5.at="scbus5"
hint.ada.6.at="scbus6"
hint.ada.7.at="scbus7"

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                   jdc at koitsu.org |
| Mountain View, CA, US                                            |