When will we see TRIM support for GELI volumes ?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 19 18:56:54 UTC 2013

Hello, Pawel.
You wrote 19 марта 2013 г., 12:27:32:

PJD> This is not what I see. On one of my SSDs in my laptop I've two
PJD> partitions, both running ZFS, but one of them on top of GELI.
PJD> I don't use ZFS TRIM yet, as I see no slowdown whatsoever.
 It depends on your SSD controller and write rate. SandForce-based SSD
degrades badly without TRIM and can not recover performance by
themselves if here is a lot of writes. But modern SSD on Marvell,
Indilinx and LAMP-based SSD restore write performance after some idle
time, not so effectively as with TRIM, but to very good level. And
SF-2281 based SSD sucks in this area badly.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>