When will we see TRIM support for GELI volumes ?

Thomas Steen Rasmussen thomas at gibfest.dk
Mon Mar 18 23:03:52 UTC 2013

Hello there,

I was happy to see TRIM support in UFS and ZFS, however:
I would really like to see TRIM support for GELI volumes.

I finally got an SSD with TRIM support for the laptop, but I can't
really use it with GELI disk encryption because the lack of TRIM
support makes writing to the disk really slow after a while.

I've been told this is not a huge job, but I wouldn't know.

I can't understand why more people aren't asking for this.
Do people not encrypt their laptops, or do they not use SSDs ?

Thanks in advance! :)

Thomas Steen Rasmussen