FreeBSD & no single point of failure file service

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Sun Mar 17 13:41:58 UTC 2013

Michael,

"great minds think alike", as I just written mail about HA storage here :)

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013, Michael DeMan wrote:

> --- by 'out of band', for my case simply another ethernet link that by
> convention is physically separate from the 'primary' storage ethernet.  Good
> enough for my use case.

Hmm, is Dell's management interface accissible from the mainboard directly?

> --- On (F) below - meant 'if neither head unit can decide whether it should
> be the master or not' - then they both deny services.  Better that bugs cause
> outages rather than data loss?

I think it's better administratively define "emergency master" than going
nowhere without service.  Of course, changing this role shouldn't be allowed
without other half alive

[snip]

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]