Aligning MBR for ZFS boot help

Cody Ritts cr at caltel.com
Sun Mar 10 16:53:03 UTC 2013

Offsetting the zfs slice, was one of the the first things I tried, but
when I boot the loader tells me:

  > zfsboot: No ZFS Pools located, can't boot

I get the feeling that these need to be next to each other
   dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0s1 count=1
   dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0s1a skip=1 seek=1024

Good idea on using another fdisk.  I will fire up Arch and give it a go.
  That will also let me test if the system will not boot with any GPT,
or of there is something specific to FreeBSDs.  Once I isolate it, I see
if I can figure out how to make a bug report to Foxconn.

And putting things in perspective, 63M out of 65536M is really nbd.  I
wish I would have thought of that, so simple.  I guess my head is still
stuck in 1996 when drives were still measured in MB :)

Thanks,

Cody