Panic loop on ZFS with 9.1-RELEASE

Stephane LAPIE stephane.lapie at darkbsd.org
Sat Mar 9 15:44:01 UTC 2013

Hello list,

I currently am faced with a sudden death case I can't understand at all,
and I would be very appreciating of any explanation or assistance :(

Here is my current kernel version :
FreeBSD  9.1-STABLE FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE #5 r245055: Thu Jan 17 13:12:59
JST 2013
darksoul at eirei-no-za.yomi.darkbsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/storage/tech/eirei-no-za.yomi.darkbsd.org/usr/src/sys/DARK-2012KERN
amd64
(Kernel is basically a lightened GENERIC kernel without VESA options and
unneeded controllers removed)

The pool is a set of 3x raidz1 (5 drives), + 2 cache devices + mirrored
transaction log

Booting and trying to import the pool is met with :
Solaris(panic): zfs: panic: allocating allocated
segment(offset=2335563722752 size=1024)

Booting single mode on my emergency flash card with a base OS and zpool
import -o readonly=on is met with :
panic: solaris assert: zio->io_type != ZIO_TYPE_WRITE ||
spa_writeable(spa), file:
/usr/storage/tech/eirei-no-za.yomi.darkbsd.org/usr/src/sys/modules/zfs/../../cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/zio.c,
line: 2461

I tried zpool import -F -f, zpool import -F -f -m after removing the
mirrored transaction log devices, but after 40s of trying to import, it
just blows up.

I am currently running "zdb -emm" as per the procedure suggested here :
http://simplex.swordsaint.net/?p=199 if only to get some debug information.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Cheers,

--
Stephane LAPIE, EPITA SRS, Promo 2005
"Even when they have digital readouts, I can't understand them."