ext2fs bug

Pedro Giffuni pfg at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jun 29 19:53:14 UTC 2013

(Hope the message makes it through this time)

Hello Gabor;

So far I have been only doing cleanups to the filesystem
so that it looks like and behaves more like UFS.

Unfortunately there are some old bugs in the ext2fs support.
I think if I just bump the block numbers to 64 bits the main
problems you are seeing may be gone but it would be like
an attempt to hide the garbage under the carpet.

There is some interesting work coming to ext2fs hopefully
we will get some time later on to fix the issues properly.

My current disks are much smaller than yours so I can't
reproduce the issue.

Sorry that I can't help but, did I mention ZFS is much
better? ;).

Pedro.