ZFS mount volume freeze

Alexandre Biancalana biancalana at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 17:26:30 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Jeremy Chadwick <jdc at koitsu.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 12:31:15PM -0300, Alexandre Biancalana wrote:

> everything

> > > Are there any messages on console ("dmesg") indicating something
> > > anomalous going on?
> > >

> > Hi Jeremy,
> >
> >  No messages in dmesg or console...
>
> Are you using deduplication or compression on any of the filesystems or
> the pool?

Sorry, I forgot to give that info...

# zfs get all datastore1/vms
NAME            PROPERTY              VALUE                  SOURCE
datastore1/vms  type                  filesystem             -
datastore1/vms  creation              Sun Jun  9 11:43 2013  -
datastore1/vms  used                  238G                   -
datastore1/vms  available             144G                   -
datastore1/vms  referenced            55.6G                  -
datastore1/vms  compressratio         1.94x                  -
datastore1/vms  mounted               no                     -
datastore1/vms  quota                 none                   local
datastore1/vms  reservation           none                   local
datastore1/vms  recordsize            128K                   default
datastore1/vms  mountpoint            /datastore1/vms        inherited from
datastore1
datastore1/vms  sharenfs              off                    default
datastore1/vms  checksum              on                     default
datastore1/vms  compression           on                     inherited from
datastore1
datastore1/vms  atime                 off                    local
datastore1/vms  devices               on                     default
datastore1/vms  exec                  on                     default
datastore1/vms  setuid                on                     default
datastore1/vms  readonly              off                    default
datastore1/vms  jailed                off                    default
datastore1/vms  snapdir               hidden                 default
datastore1/vms  aclmode               passthrough            inherited from
datastore1
datastore1/vms  aclinherit            passthrough            inherited from
datastore1
datastore1/vms  canmount              on                     default
datastore1/vms  xattr                 on                     default
datastore1/vms  copies                1                      default
datastore1/vms  version               5                      -
datastore1/vms  utf8only              off                    -
datastore1/vms  normalization         none                   -
datastore1/vms  casesensitivity       sensitive              -
datastore1/vms  vscan                 off                    default
datastore1/vms  nbmand                off                    default
datastore1/vms  sharesmb              off                    default
datastore1/vms  refquota              200G                   local
datastore1/vms  refreservation        200G                   local
datastore1/vms  primarycache          all                    default
datastore1/vms  secondarycache        all                    default
datastore1/vms  usedbysnapshots       60.4M                  -
datastore1/vms  usedbydataset         55.6G                  -
datastore1/vms  usedbychildren        0                      -
datastore1/vms  usedbyrefreservation  183G                   -
datastore1/vms  logbias               latency                default
datastore1/vms  dedup                 sha256,verify          inherited from
datastore1
datastore1/vms  mlslabel
               -
datastore1/vms  sync                  standard               default
datastore1/vms  refcompressratio      1.94x                  -
datastore1/vms  written               17.3G                  -

This pool was created using 4k blocks and also has a 8G SSD used as zil