ZFS-backed NFS export with vSphere

Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Thu Jun 27 13:29:23 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013, at 8:13, Zoltan Arnold NAGY wrote:
> Any ideas what else I could tune? While 76MB/s is much better than the
> original 17MB I was seeing, it's still far from Solaris's ~220MB/s...

I've never seen NFS exports on ZFS get anywhere close to what Solaris
can do. Then again, Solaris spent a lot of time making sure their ZFS
implementation played well with their NFS implementation. There is
ongoing work, but I'm not sure what improvements are available in the
FreeBSD camp.

I can, however, report that iSCSI connections to ZFS zvols vis the istgt
daemon work quite well.