zfs send/recv dies when transferring large-ish dataset

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 00:42:25 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Jona Schuman <jonaschuman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Might there be some buffering parameter that I'm neglecting to tune,
> which is essential on the 1GbE links but may be less important on the
> faster links? Are there any known issues with the igb driver that
> might be the culprit here? Any other suggestions?

ZFS borks on low memory/high io situations.  Thinks have improved a lot
since your version.  The first thing I would try to do is upgrade and 9.0
isn't supported anymore regardless of the ZFS issue.  Migrating to STABLE
is probably your best chance of success, but 9.1 probably would work too.
 You also didn't indicate amd64/i386 or any other system specs.  IIRC,
vm.kmem_size
had to set higher even on AMD64 for that era.

--
Adam Vande More