rc.d support for zfs boot environments

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 25 07:53:52 UTC 2013

on 25/07/2013 05:12 Julian Elischer said the following:
> On 7/24/13 10:01 PM, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> on 24/07/2013 16:55 Julian Elischer said the following:
>>> isn't this what PC-BSD are working on?
>> What is 'this' exactly?  An rc script?
>> In either case, I have no clue.
>>
> I believe they are setting up an infrastructure to support ZFS boot
> environments, including rc components and such.

Ah cool, I didn't know about that.
There was a number of contributions from a number of people who made BEs quite
usable and convenient already.  I hope that iX will make FreeBSD BE support
polished and "professional".

So I hope that either they comment on the proposed patch or disclose some of
their work to the FreeBSD community.

--
Andriy Gapon