freebsd-fs Digest, Vol 527, Issue 3

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 24 13:13:29 UTC 2013

on 24/07/2013 16:05 Nikolai Lifanov said the following:
> You might check out the logic in the excellent sysutils/beadm port.

Thank you for the suggestion.
beadm has some bugs regarding subordinate support.

> It's all shell and doesn't actually need rc support or even use it.

I do not see why beadm would need or use rc support given that it is an
administration utility.
My rc script is for filesystem mounting during boot.

> However, loader(8) support for selecting a boot environment would be really useful.

It is there, although not very obvious and not properly documented.

--
Andriy Gapon